[Select Writings of Alexander Shields.]
- The Life of ALEXANDER SHIELDS as related in John Howie's Biographia Scoticana.
- Biographical Note from John Howie's Sermons in Times of Persecution in Scotland.
Sermons & Lectures:
- Sermon 1 - preached at Barntable, 1687.12.28. On 2 Corinthians 5.11.
- Lecture 1 - given at Lowthers in Crawfordmoor, 1688.03.11. On Revelation 2.12,13.
- Sermon 2 - preached at Lowthers in Crawfordmoor, 1688.03.11. On John 3.3,5.
- Preface and Lecture preached at Distinckorn-Hill, 1688.04.15. On 1 Sam. 15.13-24.
A Hind Let Loose; or, An Historical Representation of the Testimonies of the Church of Scotland, for the Interest of Christ.
The Humble Proposals of Alexander Shields to the Remanent Members of the General Assembly.
[Several Sections from the beginning of this work are available offsite, but they may be in need of proofreading & correction.]
HEAD V: The Principle of, & Testimony for, Defensive Arms Vindicated.
HEAD VI: The Extraordinary Executing of Judgment by Private Persons Vindicated.
HEAD VII: The Sufferings of many, for Refusing to pay the wicked Exactions of the Cess, Locality, Fines, &c. Vindicated.